Sunday, July 22, 2007

annyeoung haseio - greetings from seoul







this is my last stop - seoul korea - i will be overstaying my welcome here by parking myself for 10 days. i am here visiting my MBA buddy, sein. sein and her family have been the most gracious hosts, i am having such a great time. the city is similar to other major asian cities (singapore, HK) - has excellent public transport - the people are really friendly and the food is excellent! i am in love with kimchi (pickled cabbage) and dokkbuchi (rice cakes in spicy sauce, real simple peasant food). i dont think korean food gets the credit it deserves next to thai, vietnamese and chinese food - but it is really flavorful and extremely healthy (the rice is my favorite in asia so far).

during my first day i went to 2 of the popular korean palaces to see the changing of the guards and insa-dong - one of seoul's traditional cultural streets (they have one of the only starbucks with non-english signage) and simply hung around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home